How to Prepare Your Course for the Season Change
November 15, 2018
Whether closing for the season or starting fresh, these tips will ensure your course is ready.
- Website: Post when you close for winter, and when you will open in 2019.
- Social Media & Email: Let golfers know your final day open and encourage them to squeeze in a round. Or, if closed for the season, promote gift certificates and pre-paid rounds on your online store. Contact your Customer Success Manager or EZLinks Support to access our digital marketing webinar.
- 3rd Party Websites: Update tee times and pricing on third-party sites. To notify TeeOff and the Golf18Network of your course closure, simply click HERE.
- EZ24 / EZ24 PRO Clients: Email your Customer Success Manager or call EZLinks Support to let us know your last day. We can help inform your golfers.
- Tip: Read articles, join the monthly EZEDUCATION Series webinars, visit EZACADEMY.golf and attend conferences / trade shows to stay current.
- Website: Promote gift certificates and pre-paid rounds during Black Friday / Cyber Monday.
- Social Media: Post updated hours and tee time pricing.
- Email: Welcome snowbirds back to the area and your club.
- Resort Clients: Invite last year's players back. Many might be looking for another reason to escape the cold.
- 3rd Party Websites: Update tee times and pricing on your site and third party sites. In-season rates should be posted.
- Tee Sheet: Update your sunrise / sunset blocks to reflect the shorter days.
- EZ24 or EZ24 PRO Clients: Email your Customer Success Manager or call EZLinks Support so we have updated course information.